Black Box Help

Post by Ia » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I recently downloaded the latest version of Black Box.  I finall got
it extracted and ran the installation scripts, or files, but now that
I have it installed I can't figure out how to use it.  I know it's
something with the xinitrc file.

If someone can tell me how to set this up that would be great.

Thank you,

Ian

Black Box Help

Post by FoulDrag » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I recently downloaded the latest version of Black Box.  I finall got
>it extracted and ran the installation scripts, or files, but now that
>I have it installed I can't figure out how to use it.  I know it's
>something with the xinitrc file.

Edit your .xinitrc file, so that the last command that's executed is blackbox.
As in:

xterm &
xterm &
blackbox
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii Dra'torrinah(Clan Nightwings)
members.xoom.com/marada   Colony name not needed in address.

Black Box Help

Post by Ian » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the help,
But do I need a path statement to tell where blackbox is located, or will it
know this on its own?  Also, in what dir is the xinitrc file located?

Thanks again,

Ian

---

Quote:> >I recently downloaded the latest version of Black Box.  I finall got
> >it extracted and ran the installation scripts, or files, but now that
> >I have it installed I can't figure out how to use it.  I know it's
> >something with the xinitrc file.

> Edit your .xinitrc file, so that the last command that's executed is
blackbox.
> As in:

> xterm &
> xterm &
> blackbox
> --
> Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii Dra'torrinah(Clan Nightwings)
> members.xoom.com/marada   Colony name not needed in address.
> "If the darkness and hellfire within were made flesh, all dragons would be
> black with red eyes."

1. terminal: black text on black background. Please help...

Makes it impossible to do *anything*.

Is there a fix from root prompt at runlevel 3?  Or something??

TIA
           dave

http://www.columbia.edu/~mdt1/

(1 = one, not little L; and don't forget the trailing / )

2. Installing XFree 3.3.6

3. Router = black box + cables

4. Rs/6000 Model 250

5. A "black box" system ??

6. HP Scanjet driver for Linux

7. black box, mystery in the net?

8. File table overflow

9. rdesktop black box cursor

10. black bible - cleo's new 'goth box'

11. Linux as a full black box

12. Black box validation of a math model.

13. clgd5428, AST P40, Mouse Black Box