Can I use Electric Eye program with RH5 and no GNOME WM?

Can I use Electric Eye program with RH5 and no GNOME WM?

Post by Bernie Borenste » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have REDHAT 5 installed with KDE and would like to try out EE.
I got the source RPM and tried to build, but it wouldn't since it
couldn't find a GNOME related configuration file.  Is there a RH5 RPM
out there that will work for me.

Bernie Borenstein
Boeing

Post by James M. Cap » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have REDHAT 5 installed with KDE and would like to try out EE.
> I got the source RPM and tried to build, but it wouldn't since it
> couldn't find a GNOME related configuration file.  Is there a RH5 RPM
> out there that will work for me.

> Bernie Borenstein
> Boeing

GNOME AFAIK is two things. 1) A set of libraries for GTK that
apps can call and 2) a group of utilities based around the GNOME
Panel that X Window Managers can interface with. EE uses the
GNOME libraries, which you don't have installed. Go to
http://www.gnome.org/ and download the latest version and then
try to build EE -- the GNOME panel need not be running in order
for EE to work -- I know this from experience.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals
     are more equal than others."
         -- George Orwell, Animal Farm

1. Gnome Electrics Eyes

I can't seem to install this rpm into Red Hat 5.1.  When I try to install it,
it states that it conflicts with gnome graphics.  I tried uninstalling gnome
graphics and then installing the ee rpm, but then I can't install gnome
graphics because it conflicts with ee.  I've also tried to install them both at
the same time, but no dice.  What gives?  Is there an order I need to follow in
installing these rpms?

Thanks for any help.
Equinaux

P.S> The ee rpm is the only rpm I can't install.  Everything else is running
fine and I do have the new jpeg rpms needed for gnome.  So I'm basically out of
ideas on how to force ee to install.

2. debugging a forked processes

3. electric eyes ./configure problem

4. Newbie Question - Build

5. How to get source for "electric eyes" ?

6. Routing 2 Gateways and 2 network adapters

7. new user need some help....(Electric Eyes)

8. Mandrake 2.2.15, g++ 2.95.3, and C++ STL

9. Electric Eyes VS fvwm

10. Electric Eyes

11. Electric Eyes ee?????

12. Electric Eyes (ee) documentation