tkgnuplot for tcl7.4/tk4.0/Tix4.0?

Post by Lee Gra » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have installed tcl7.4, tk4.0, and Tix4.0 on my linux (slackware 2.3)
machine.  I have also downloaded tkgnuplot, a graphical frontend to
the gnuplot 3.5 package.  In trying to get this to run, I keep running
into options in the Tix calls that are obsolete in Tix4.0.  I am working
through these issues, but it is very slow, since I am just learning
tcl/tk/tix.  Has anyone already done this, or is there a release of
tkgnuplot written for the versions that I am using?

Thanks in advance,

Lee Graba
Honeywell Technology Center
Minneapolis, MN 55418
(612)951-7503

1. Tk4.2/Tix4.1 Compile probs on Ultra w/creator 3D

I'm having a problem compiling Tk4.2 and Tix4.1 on my new workstation.
When I had a SS20 running SunOS 4.1 and X11R4 I had no problems. Then my
organization upgraded me to an Ultra Sparc with Solaris 2.5.1 and
Creator 3D card, and we have v1.0 of the OpenGL library loaded.

When I compile tcl7.6, all is well. "make test" performs without a
hitch. When I compile tk4.2, it compiles Ok, but make test comes back
with errors. And compiling Tix works Ok but make tests also reports
errors. I am able to run the demo programs Ok, but the errors from the
tests is still bugging me.

As listed in the porting notes, I've deleted references to "/usr/ucb"
from my PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I am wondering if anyone can offer
some advice on what the correct libraries and paths should be. (Our
system is in a state of crossover right now, and I suspect that our
sysadmin folks have set up my default path to include too many bits from
our old SunOS days, plus mine is their first experience with
Creator3D/OpenGL.)

Thanks in advance.
--
Mike Wright
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

2. Max # of hd?

3. How to: tcl7.5a1 and tk4.1a1 for Linux ELF

4. usermod hell

5. Compiling tcl7.4 and tk4.0 under LInux for ELF

6. Driver 4 CalComp Creation Station

7. Need help with Tcl7.6/Tk4.2, gcc, FORTRAN/C/C++ shared libraries (LONG)

8. IPTables filter on mac address?

9. When to get tcl7.6 and tk4.2 ?

10. tcl7.5, tk4.1, scotty-2.1.5, linux 2.0.22

11. problems compiling uudeview code with tcl7.5/tk4.1

12. Linux-Makefile shared [Tcl7.4/Tk4.0]b4 libs, used by tclsh+wish

13. Tcl7.4/Tk4.0 extension a.out shared libraries