Cant get x apps to work on ssh?

Post by Brian Wagene » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:07:23

Hello,
I am trying to get ssh to work with x apps, but even though x forwarding is
on, it doesn't work.  Below is a debug session of me trying to connect back
to the same machine, so hopefully you can help me.
Thanks,

SSH Version OpenSSH_2.2.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).
debug: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: ssh_connect: getuid 501 geteuid 0 anon 0
debug: Connecting to force.ath.cx [207.207.156.33] port 22.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Allocated local port 917.
debug: Connection established.
debug: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_2.2.0p1
debug: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_2.2.0p1
debug: Waiting for server public key.
debug: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
debug: Host 'force.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Sent encrypted session key.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Received encrypted confirmation.
debug: RSA authentication using agent refused.

debug: Server refused our key.
debug: Doing password authentication.

debug: Requesting pty.
debug: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug: Requesting shell.
debug: Entering interactive session.
Last login: Sun Dec  3 21:03:24 2000 from pops.force.com

[1] 12584

debug: fd 5 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug: channel 0: new [X11 connection from pops.force.ath.cx port 1966]
debug: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
debug: X11 rejected 0 i1/o16
debug: channel 0: read failed
debug: channel 0: input open -> drain
debug: channel 0: close_read
debug: channel 0: input: no drain shortcut
debug: channel 0: ibuf empty
debug: channel 0: input drain -> wait_oclose
debug: channel 0: send ieof
debug: channel 0: write failed
debug: channel 0: output open -> wait_ieof
debug: channel 0: send oclose
debug: channel 0: close_write
debug: X11 closed 0 i4/o64

1. ssh -R from work to home and ssh from home to work

While I am at work I run:

While I am at home I run:

So I am now working from home.  The problem is that $DISPLAY is not
set.  This doesn't pose a problem yet because X forwarding is still
sending Xwindows to my home display.  The issue is: after I ssh to
work and then ssh to another network server the $DISPLAY variable is
set to the display of the original machine I ssh'd to and Xwindows are
now sent to it rather than home.

I don't know why $DISPLAY is not set on the original ssh but all I
want is for the windows from the second ssh'd to server to end up at
home.  Is the first problem the cause of the second?  More
importantly, how do I solve the second problem.

Thanks for any help.
Sean

2. Do Not Click Here Unless You Wanna Go To A Cool Website!

3. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

4. Problem uploading a website

5. ssh dynamic port forwarding: works but getting connection errors

6. Help : cdrom not a block device

7. Getting SSH working...

8. server-status not found

9. Having trouble getting 3D apps to work

10. Problems with getting X11R5 apps to work in X11R6

11. Getting DNC to work with Internet apps

12. SSH to/from localhost works but ssh from remote fails (receives "Connection refused")

13. ssh -Y and ssh -X not working