X problems

Post by Rosco » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Under Redhat 6.0 Linux 2.2.5 I changed my user interface from Gnome to KDE
then Afterstep.
Problem #1>>>I can't seem to change back to Gnome. It appears that I have no
configuration files in my home directory so I tried changing
/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients & /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to set startx to start
gnome but no sucess. Any ideas?
I installed Mathematica 4.0 under Linux and after rebooting for the first
time startx  fails and gives my this messege:

_FintTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't Connect:errno=111
failed to set default font path 'unix/:-1'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Thanks for any help.

1. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...

I have an IBM 37.5 GB hard disk and I'm trying to duel boot Windows 98 SE
and Linux.  In the oversize disk HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.1), it mentions
that a distribution running the 2.2.14 kernel will survive the insane 33.8
GB Linux booting limit.  Does this mean that I can successfully install
RedHat Linux 6.2 (the new RedHat with the Linux 2.2.14 kernel) on hard drive
with partitions like:
--------
|  Windoze  (GBs 1-19)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------
|     RH 6.2 (20-37.5)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------

Note:  I can't seem to duel boot the RH 6.1 and Windoze.  I've had many
problems each and every time I try it and I've had to delete all partitions
on my drive and install Windoze using its own CDROM disc and its simple
fdisk.

2. enabling ppp-access to local ISP how to ?

3. Installation problems, problems, problems!

4. Linux not loading NFS daemons due to RPC failure

5. PPP stands for Problem Problem Problem

6. Problems setting up Net services

7. Problems... problems ... more problems

8. Odd behavior at login

9. Problems, Problems, Problems

10. Problem problem problem

11. Linux died...problems, problems, problems....

12. Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

13. Problems Problems Problems.... DNS, HD, X