Info on diskless Xterminals

Post by Bria » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello

I have an old PC that I would very much like to convert to a diskless Xterminal.
What would be the best way to go about doing this? I have read up a little bit
on this subject but am looking for more information.

The PC in question is and old machine with 8 megs of ram no HD and 1 floppy.

1. Diskless PC Xterminal?

is there anyway i can run a diskless PC Xterminal Linux system without
having to  purchase a real xterminal?
I.e i wanna just boot a diskless system using etherboot and
be able to run X off that.
I wanna buy a good monitor; about 16M of Ram, a matrox Millenium card
and a cheap 486 motherboard and host off some expensive pentium
machine. Is this doable?

cheers
jamal

2. Q: Process alarm clock

3. PC Xterminal software to boot diskless onto AIX?

4. xdm as client

5. How to setup diskless Xterminals

6. add HD, but can't boot anymore, HELP!

7. Diskless Workstation info?

8. installation problems

9. Info On NIC Boot Proms For Diskless Systems

10. Need info about Bootp & Imagefile for diskless workstation

11. Need info for diskless client for x86

12. Diskless or nearly diskless Linux?

13. Diskless Workstation from(Diskless X Server: a how to guide)