Xinside's Accel-X 1.2b5

Post by Aaron Eppe » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone noticed Xinside's Accel-X 1.2b5 having a pretty bad memory leak?
Accel- will go from 3.2mb to 10-11mb after only opening an additional rxvt.

Xinside's Accel-X 1.2b5

Post by Thomas Roe » Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone noticed Xinside's Accel-X 1.2b5 having a pretty bad memory leak?
>Accel- will go from 3.2mb to 10-11mb after only opening an additional rxvt.

There is no such memory leak. Problem is much more that our server
does implement backing store correctly. And if you use a window
manager like ctwm and fvwm which unreasonale use backingstore for
everything, you see the server grow quite a bit.

What you can to is to disable either backing store completely in the
Xaccel.ini file, or tell the window-manager not to use it. This way
even under heavy load the server will stay at around 7MB. Note that a
huge bunch of those 7MB are really the mmap()ed framebuffer.
Obviousely if you are running 16/24bpp the memory usage gets quite
higher.

- Thomas

das Leben ist schoen,                   #include <sys/pizza.h>
was ist daran nicht zu verstehn ?

1. Gnome and Xinside Accel X5 ?

Hi ,

Just installed a Accellerated X v5 from Xinside on my RH7 box , everything
comes up fine , but Gnome is not interested in loading , if I run
gnome-session from the command prompt I get :

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
gnome-session: error while loading shared libraries: gnome-session:
undefined symbol: _IceTransNoListen

I've tried reinstalling Gnome , installs fine , gdm loads fine , but as soon
as I log in the Xserver boots me back to a gdm login box again. Using gdm ,
I can start up a KDE session fine.

Anyone had this type of hassle before ? Does Gnome keep a log file anywhere
?

Thanks ,
Allan.

2. automatic monitoring?

3. Cheap XiG Accel-X??

4. How does one create shared libraries (DLLs)?

5. isolating xserver sw from accel-x

6. Help!! Problems with kernel >2.2.5 & SMP

7. Debian "Hamm" and Accel-X problem

8. Buslogic 946C

9. Accel-X 1.2 and Qvision 2000

10. Accel-X on SIS 5598 VGA chipset?