S3 Trio64: dark, very dark

Post by D. C. & M. V. Session » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

Tried to set up the kids' machine today.  The fool thing has an
S3 86C785 Trio64V2GX on the MB, which we populated up to 4MB.
The servers weren't too hard to get going, but the display
is *really* dark -- barely visible cranked to the max.

Anyone figure out the trick to getting this combo to work?
(And yes, of COURSE the Trio is junk.  So?)

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |

1. S3 video card exits X of linux in the dark ?

Hello everybody,

Recently I installed a S3 805 vesa local bus graphic card and X seems to work
alright. There is just a strange thing that happens when I exit X.
The screen only shows a blinking cursor and no text whatsoever.
If I type a command it gets executed but I don't see what I am typing ?
The Linux version used is Yggdrasil, summer 1994.

Any comments on how to get me out of the dark are very welcome,

                        Rob

2. Apache, Linux and Win95

3. Dark screen with S3 Trio?

4. Detect/Alert portscan HELP!!!!

5. hp dj400 dark - have answer, pls help me implement it

6. Work being done on mod_jk?

7. HPDeskJet660Cse-prints too dark!

8. Java Service on Linux - !! No clue !!

9. dark colors in ANSI Escape Sequences

10. dark corners where sh -e is not in effect

11. Root gives dark screen at setup

12. lynx colors too dark upon black background

13. printer prints too dark!