Viirtual Machine.

Post by Shridatt Sugri » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

What is this vitrual machine software, and how does one go about find more
info on it? e.g. setting it up, etc?

Viirtual Machine.

Post by root » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> What is this vitrual machine software, and how does one go about find more
> info on it? e.g. setting it up, etc?

Are you referring to vmlinuz? That is the kernel itself.
You have to obtain the source file from http://www.gnu.org and
compile it yourself. There are lots of stuff you have to learn but
it will be a fun.

Viirtual Machine.

Post by Jaso » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> > What is this vitrual machine software, and how does one go about find more
> > info on it? e.g. setting it up, etc?

> Are you referring to vmlinuz? That is the kernel itself.
> You have to obtain the source file from http://www.gnu.org and
> compile it yourself. There are lots of stuff you have to learn but
> it will be a fun.

I believe that the reference is to VMWare.  Try http://www.vmware.com.

1. running X apps on my machine from other machines

Hello.

My school runs Solaris OS on Solaris machines.
I run Solaris 7 on a PC.  I telnet to my school's
account and set the display environment to my local machine.
When I try to run an X-app, such as xterm, it says that the
client doesn't have access or server is refusing, etc...
Basically, it's saying that I need to set something on my machine
to alloow the remote machine to run apps and display on my machine...

Is there something that I need to install/add/edit ?
That was a stupid question... of course I do..
but what do I need to add or edit?

and/or back to this news group.

Thanks in advance!

- Ki

2. Linux and it's important role in healing the 'digital divide'

3. can ping/ssh into machine, but machine can't reach out.

4. Rebooting permissions for users other than root?

5. Printing from Solaris 2.2 machine to 4.1.3 machine

6. AIX Technical Conference - USERblue in San Francisco

7. Diald works 100% on machine that runs it ... other machines have strange error

8. Solution! Xircom Realport RBEM56 CBE PCMCIA Card

9. Machine serial number or unique machine id

10. How do you connect a Linux machine to a Windows machine?

11. Old machine Tomcat+SSL, new machine Apache+SSL - new certificates needed?

12. ftp access problem from linux machine to linux machine

13. Examples of best machines for LINUX, least expensive machines for LINUX.