Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

Post by Wes Wielan » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a PCChips 585LMR motherboard with an embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP
graphics adapter (according to W98 system device list).  I am running a dual
boot with W98 and Mandrake 7.1.  Unfortunately, all the embedded devices on
this mother board work fine in Linux, except for the graphics adapter.  The
best I can get is 640x480 resolution out of it.  Have tried emailing support
at both PCChips and Tridentmicro; without response.  Does anyone know
anything about this graphics adapter.  I am starving for any info at
all.
Thanks in advance.
Wes

Post by <ejr_750.. » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have a PCChips 585LMR motherboard with an embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP
> graphics adapter (according to W98 system device list).  I am running a
dual
> boot with W98 and Mandrake 7.1.  Unfortunately, all the embedded devices
on
> this mother board work fine in Linux, except for the graphics adapter.
The
> best I can get is 640x480 resolution out of it.  Have tried emailing
support
> at both PCChips and Tridentmicro; without response.  Does anyone know
> anything about this graphics adapter.  I am starving for any info at
> all.
> Thanks in advance.
> Wes

Embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP graphics apdapter?

Post by root » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi Wes,

Try *Blade generic or *blade i/7.
On my FIC PAG2130 board,which has the same chip,
I was able to 1024x768 and 1280x1024 using some
weird vert refresh rates like 55-90 with my Sony 17sf2.
Also get the newest XFree86 if your using Mandrakes 7.1
XFree86 4.01.
hope this helps.

Steve

> > I have a PCChips 585LMR motherboard with an embedded Trident 8400 PCI/AGP
> > graphics adapter (according to W98 system device list).  I am running a
> dual
> > boot with W98 and Mandrake 7.1.  Unfortunately, all the embedded devices
> on
> > this mother board work fine in Linux, except for the graphics adapter.
> The
> > best I can get is 640x480 resolution out of it.  Have tried emailing
> support
> > at both PCChips and Tridentmicro; without response.  Does anyone know
> > anything about this graphics adapter.  I am starving for any info at
> > all.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Wes

> --

1. Help: Trident 8400 PCI/AGP driver

Hi,

I am looking for a  Linux driver for this Trident 8400 PCI/AGP card?. I
searched newsgroups, xfree86 and other sites, but I couldn't get any
information about this driver for Linux. I am rarely using Linux because
of this. Windows had no problem in detecting and installing the driver
for this card.

I would be happy if someone can at least point me to some links where I
can get the documentation for this chip. I couldn't find at Trident's
page.

Thanks,
Mohan.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Jumbo-250 Floppy Tape Drive Doesn't Like FujiFilm Tapes

3. Trident 8400 AGP

4. 2.5.69: trivial tulip Kconfig correction

5. Trident 8400 Graphics adapter

6. [unPATCH]

7. X Server for Trident 8400 chipset

8. Best Practices For Logging With IPTables

9. How to Install Display Driver for PC Chips M585 (Trident 8400)????

10. X-Window and Trident 8400 Help Pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee!!!

11. Trident 8400 driver for XFree86/Linux

12. X-Windows and Trident 8400

13. Trident 8400 & M585LMR Motherboard probems