problems : Xfree86 3.3.2 with matrox millenium G200 card

problems : Xfree86 3.3.2 with matrox millenium G200 card

Post by Adna » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

After configuring X using Xf86config program and then starting X, the
display is totally messed-up.
My setup is as follows:
ADI Microscan monitor (not supported in the configuration)
Matrox millenium g200 video card (also doesn't appear to be supported).
Any ideas would be appreciated!

problems : Xfree86 3.3.2 with matrox millenium G200 card

Post by Lonnie Allen Watso » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Get Xfree 3.3.6
    Its Rock solid
    It supports the Matrox G200 and G400 accelerated
    It supports that monitor either outright or one of its fine Generic SVGA
style monitors...
    Well worth the price of admission

Lonnie Allen Watson

Quote:> After configuring X using Xf86config program and then starting X, the
> display is totally messed-up.
> My setup is as follows:
> ADI Microscan monitor (not supported in the configuration)
> Matrox millenium g200 video card (also doesn't appear to be supported).
> Any ideas would be appreciated!

1. Matrox Millenium G200 = Mystique G200?

I am shopping for anew PC that can run Linux, and
now that I read that Linux/X supports the Matrox
Millenium G200, I have to ask if this also implies
that the Mystique G200 also does?  I have neither
card, but I think the chip set is the same -- it
might be nice for an extra $50 or so to pipe X
screens to a TV set (which I what I think the
Mystique has for extra functionality).

Thanks

Dare
--
Darren Enns

HTTP:  www.pangea.ca/~dmenns

2. Yggdrasil LGX boot problem, Need Help

3. Does Redhat 5.2 support the Matrox Millenium G200 AGP Video Card?

4. Need help Setting UP Wheeled mouse

5. Matrox Millenium II G200 8meg Graphics Card

6. dd

7. Matrox Millenium G200 8MB Video card

8. Server Status Monitoring

9. Trouble with Matrox Millenium G200 Video Card and Xconfigurator

10. Redhat 5.2 and Matrox Millenium G200 video card

11. Matrox Millenium G200 AGP Graphics Card

12. Matrox Millenium G200 AGP card

13. Problem getting matrox millenium g200 s.u.s.e's X server to work