remote X - Reflection - mandrake 7.2 - keyboard input scrambled

remote X - Reflection - mandrake 7.2 - keyboard input scrambled

Post by mart » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:42:35

Hallo,

I'm using mandrake 7.2 on the server and reflection X on the NT-Client.

I start xdm on mandrake, than I connect/login from my X-client,
and the window-manager and a first xterm starts as default
and the mouse is working fine.

Now if I type into the xterm-window - everything is scrambled.
E.g.:
Typing "ls<ENTER>" I see "5."
typing "abc" I receive "~~~"
typing "jkl" I receive "-45"

Thanks for every hint.
Martin

Post by Jim Turne » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:46:27

> Hallo,

        Sounds like Num-Lock is stuck on, look in your config files to see
what type of keyboard it thinks you have.
Quote:> I'm using mandrake 7.2 on the server and reflection X on the NT-Client.
> I start xdm on mandrake, than I connect/login from my X-client,
> and the window-manager and a first xterm starts as default
> and the mouse is working fine.
> Now if I type into the xterm-window - everything is scrambled.
> E.g.:
> typing "jkl" I receive "-45"
> Thanks for every hint.
> Martin

1. Mandrake 7.1 vs Mandrake 7.2 ?

: What are the major differences ?

: Which do you like better ?

IMO 7.1 was considerably more polished and stable, in my experience at
least, but it included what now seem like horribly outdated versions
of everything, even though they were pretty current at the time of its
release.

I expect a new distro today to have kernel 2.4.x, glibc 2.2 or later,
XFree86 4.02 or later, a *working* gcc, KDE 2.1, and a very recent
version of Gnome.  SuSE 7.1 has all these, as will Mandrake 8.0, to
the best of my knowledge.

Joe

2. Configuring apache-2.0.40 to serve .shtml files

3. Hardware HOWTO, updates?

4. Windows IME (input method editor) with Reflection X

5. Adaptive product to replace the MOUSE

6. Merging keyboard input with serial console input?

7. Thinkpad 755C - Floppy doesn't work in Linux

8. How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?

9. Redhat Linux 7.2 telnet can't take input from file

10. Scrambled DVD play on Mandrake 8

11. new kernel -keyboard map scrambled

12. Q4 installed, keyboard scrambled!!!