MouseIMP or something similar?

Post by Brett Gengle » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

First of off, I love linux-it's more than I ever expected and more.(and
X window)  Okay now that I have that out of the way, besides the games,
there is one program that I miss dearly from M$ windows, a program
called MouseIMP.  The program let you assign a key or mouse button as a
hotkey.  Whenever you hold the key down you could scroll the active
window by dragging up or down the mouse.   The effect was similar to
those dumb microshaft intelli-mouse scroll wheels except it is actually
smooth and you can scroll horizontally too(plus  it's way more
convenient ).  For me, browsing the web is 100% more enjoyable with that
program because you never have to move your mouse  to grab for those
scroll bars, you can scroll from anywhere on the active screen (or off).

Does anyone know of a program that does this?  I know it wouldn't be
that tough of a program to code and I may just have to wait till I
figure out how to write it myself (which I will do eventually do if I
can't find it-- without a doubt!).