ATI xpert@play AGP setup

Post by Janos Er » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Linux:     Readhat 5.2
> XFree86:   3.3.3.1

> I could get this card to work at 1600x1200, 75Hhz, but only at 16bpp.
> If I change the color depth to 24bpp or 32bpp, startx exits, with an
> error that looks like (I can get you the exact error if that helps):

>   Invalid mode according to the BIOS

> I don't know what startx is talking about! Does this card have a BIOS?

> 3.3.3.1 documentation says 32bpp is supported for this card! So, what am I
> missing? Has anyone managed to get a higher color depth for this card?
> If so, could you please mail me the XF86Config file for the 32bpp operation?

Look at ATI's website:

The 8MB ATI boards don't support 1600x1200 resolution with 32bit
depth. For this the 8M memory is simply not enough. As the datasheet
does not mention 24bit depth, I would suppose this mode is not
supported by the card.

Janos Ero

ATI xpert@play AGP setup

Post by Janos Er » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> The 8MB ATI boards don't support 1600x1200 resolution with 32bit
> depth. For this the 8M memory is simply not enough. As the datasheet
> does not mention 24bit depth, I would suppose this mode is not
> supported by the card.

Sorry, I mixed up with the 3D resolution data.

Janos Ero

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. passwords

3. ati agp xpert98 8MB the same type as ati agp xpert@play 8MB 3D rage pro?

4. Changing permissions on file underlying the mount point without unmounting file system

5. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

6. Sendmail Alias Maybe?

7. ATI XPert@Play AGP On Linux Xfree 86

8. rsh and ksh question