asmodem

Post by Decla » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Ive heard that one can run 'asmodem' with the fvwm wm too. I tried
this and i get the response:
asmodem: not enough free color cells

when i try to execute it.

Im running RH with 2.0.9 kernel on a 486DX66(20Meg). My video card is
not the greatest, so im always running in 8bbp mode. CAn someone tell
me how to correct this situation.

If its not possible, does anyone know of a program similar to asmodem
that will do the trick for me?

thanks!

-declan

asmodem

Post by Keven R. Pittsing » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Ive heard that one can run 'asmodem' with the fvwm wm too. I tried
> this and i get the response:
> asmodem: not enough free color cells

> when i try to execute it.

> Im running RH with 2.0.9 kernel on a 486DX66(20Meg). My video card is
> not the greatest, so im always running in 8bbp mode. CAn someone tell
> me how to correct this situation.

> If its not possible, does anyone know of a program similar to asmodem
> that will do the trick for me?

> thanks!

It's because you're running in 8bpp.  If you get the source code for it,
you can check out the various XPMs under xv and reduce them to 8 bit
colour.  Might take some tweaking.  Then recompile it with the reduced
colour icons.

Keven

1. Asmodem and dip

Hi there,

I use dip to connect to the internet as I have a dynamically allocated
IP address. I have installed asmodem in the wharf for afterstep for X
windows and set it up so that when I click on it it connect to the net
if it is not already connected. If it is connected it is supposed to
disconnect on left click.

i.e. My steprc file entry under Wharf configuration looks something
like this:

*Wharf - -Swallow "asmodem"   asmodem -d "dip /etc/inet.dip" -h "dip
-k" &

The problem is that when I click to diconnect I get an error message
about the /dev/cau01 lock file. The reason for the meassage is that
dip is already running and I think that a second click some-how tries
to instantiate another instance of dip. How can I overcome this
problem?

Any ideas. I am running linux v2.03

thanks
Lomax

2. 7135 vs. 9337

3. asmodem error - not enough free color cells

4. How to shut down server through remote PC?

5. asmodem lock file how ?????????

6. ptrace on 2.5.44