Support for CL-GD7548?

Post by Matthew Harre » Mon, 27 May 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten X windows to work (in any mode beyond 16 color) on the
CL-GD7548 chipset?  I tried starting it up using the SVGA server and telling
the system that it was a clgd7543 chipset, but I just get a blank screen.
I know it's come up because the windows manager, xterm, and other processes
are running but all I can see is a blank screen.  I also get a flash of the
X windows screen when I hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to exit.

On another note, whenever I try to exit X windows on this machine or
another which does contain the 7543 chipset all of my terminals are shifted
to the right about half a screen.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've tried
using "runx" and it's associated programs, but it's not a font problem and
they don't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for any help.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          If a tree falls in the forest and
  Simulation Technology Division, SAIC     crushes a mime, does anybody care?