PS/2 mouse not working

Post by Steele John Richar » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I had the same problem.  It turned out I had used the wrong mouse type when
configuring X.  Just reconfigure X and select PS/2 mouse... at least it worked
for me.

--
John Steele, Jr.

PS/2 mouse not working

Post by Mitch DSou » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

-->I have a ps/2 mouse. /Dev/mouse is linked to psaux. I tried recompiling
-->the kernel with ps/2 mouse support. But when I started x, the mouse
-->moved to left upper corner and stayed there. I need XFree86 working
-->real bad. What else can I do? HELP!!!

Then read the man pages and fix the mouse entry in your
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config file

Mitch

PS/2 mouse not working

Post by Murray J. Bro » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: >I have a ps/2 mouse. /Dev/mouse is linked to psaux. I tried recompiling
: >the kernel with ps/2 mouse support. But when I started x, the mouse
: >moved to left upper corner and stayed there. I need XFree86 working
: >real bad. What else can I do? HELP!!!

: Had the same problem.  Edit your XF86Config file and go to the pointer
: section.  Change the section to read:

: Protocol "PS/2"
: Device "/dev/mouse"

: (you probably have "Microsoft" in the protocol place, like I did)

: Everything should work nicely after this....  Good luck!!!

For some, such problems are not so easily remedied.

I have an Ambra system, purportedly with a PS/2 style mouse.
I tried all permutations of the Protocol and Device attributes
that seemed plausible (including the above), to no avail.

After many hours of frustration, I came upon an obscure reference
in one of the docs for 'selection' (which I had installed to use
for testing my mouse - as recommended in one of the HOWTO docs)
that suggested an arcane hack to the selection code "if you have
problems with other trackballs."  Well, I applied this fix and it
worked for 'selection' so I then hunted for a similar fix for gpm.
Sure enough, it worked!

The following hack can be applied to the mice.c module in gpm:

Gpm_Type mice[]={
     {"ps2",  M_ps2,  NULL, STD_FLG,
                                /* {0xc0,  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 3, 1, 0} */
                                   {0xcc,  0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 3, 1, 0}

Quote:}

You may want to consider this as a last resort only!

--

M.J. Brown Enterprises

1. ps/2 Mouse not working

Hi,
        I've set up the Slackware 96 distribution downloaded from sunsite but
I cannot get my mouse to work.

The symptoms:
When I start Xwindows my cursor sticks to the upper lefthand corner of
the screen.  If I move the mouse around the cursor will move
erratically, that is, very quickly, only horiz, or vert but not both
at the same time and only in the upper left 1/4 of the screen.  It
will also select anything on the desktop (i.e. xterm, oclock) when it
passes over them).  Also, the buttons by themselves seem to have no
effect.

The Vitals:      Gateway 2000 90MHz Pentium, 16 MB RAM.
                /dev/mouse is linked to /dev/psaux.
                I am stumped

Thanks in advance,

Dan

2. Model 140 fails to fully boot up

3. 3-button PS/2 mouse not working

4. OpenGL & C/C++ ?

5. redhat 4.1 ps/2 mouse not working!

6. DCC send

7. PS/2 mouse not working FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE

8. increasing partition size

9. PS/2 mouse not working in XFree86

10. HELP PS/2 MOUSE NOT WORKING

11. PS/2 mouse not working!!

12. PS/2 mouse not working

13. Need help: PS/2 mouse not working in doom