XFree4: Colors get scrambled...

Post by guillaume germai » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have the following problem:
When I switch to a text console (ie with Ctrl-Alt-F1) and switch back to
X (Ctrl-Alt-F7), all the colors are scrambled.
This problems appeared when I installed xfree 4. I have redhat 6.2 and
an Ati Rage 128 card.

If anyone knows how to get rid of this problem please tell me, or if no
one experienced it before I might investigate or fill a bug report...

Thanks in advance.

Guillaume

Post by Felix Natte » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have the following problem:
> When I switch to a text console (ie with Ctrl-Alt-F1) and switch back to
> X (Ctrl-Alt-F7), all the colors are scrambled.
> This problems appeared when I installed xfree 4. I have redhat 6.2 and
> an Ati Rage 128 card.

> If anyone knows how to get rid of this problem please tell me, or if no
> one experienced it before I might investigate or fill a bug report...

there is a ati rage 128-howto:
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~distclai/rage128-howto.html
I think you might want to consider adding your experience to this howto.

Maybe also consider to merge this howto into http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/ ?

--
Felix Natter