Sorry, modem busy message at KPP

Post by Allan Dia » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Every time I try to use Kpp, I've got this message:
Sorry, your modem is buzy.
When I check it with the command fuser /dev/modem, it says that is kpp that
uses it!!!!When kpp isn't running, I got no answer to  fuser.
What to do?
PS I believe that I may have an IRQ conflict... My sound got some kind of
"echos" and at start of Linux, a line says T've got a conflict on Irq 5.
That's onr of my soundcard Irq. How to solve it??

Sorry, modem busy message at KPP

Post by Kevin Kat » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Are you using an internal modem?  Try using com4, ttyS3 or cua3

>Every time I try to use Kpp, I've got this message:
>Sorry, your modem is buzy.
>When I check it with the command fuser /dev/modem, it says that is kpp that
>uses it!!!!When kpp isn't running, I got no answer to  fuser.
>What to do?
>PS I believe that I may have an IRQ conflict... My sound got some kind of
>"echos" and at start of Linux, a line says T've got a conflict on Irq 5.
>That's onr of my soundcard Irq. How to solve it??

1. Need Help w/ Modem--"Sorry modem is busy" error

First off----I DONT HAVE A WINMODEM.....(just wanted to get that out of the
way first)....its a internal ISA USRobotics 56k Voice V.90 .....

Dual boot system, with Win98 and Redhat 6.0, modem is on Com2 ( I think
TTYS1.....right??)

So, I'm trying to setup PPP, I think I've got it all setup correctly(w/ all
my ISP's info ) , Currently I'm logged in as ROOT and trying to dial out.
PPPD trys to dial but gives me the following error...

"Sorry, the modem is busy"    retry/cancel

Not sure where to go from here, I've read alot of documentation (about three
hours worth), I dont think its a permissions problem since I'm logged in as
ROOT.

Secondly, I've created a user account in my name, and gave it the
permissions I want, but when I log in under that account, and try to dial
out, I get an error like
"you need to remove the lock option"..blah blah blah......(makes me think I
dont have permissions to some folder I need ....)

So then I thought...I'll create a "dial-out" group, and add my user account
into it,...but after I add myself in  and go back and check, my membership
has dissapeared.....What gives..???

I would think its a bad idea to dial-out logged in as ROOT, so I would like
a clean option that entails me logging in as my user account and being able
to dial out....

THANKS......jason

2. ip_local_port_range & src. port selection

3. problem seting up modem SupraExpress 56iPro: "Sorry, the modem is busy"

4. Telnet/FTP help

5. PCMCIA modem: "Sorry, the modem is busy."

6. Red Hat Applixware problem

7. Modem Port Busy Message at Modem (Beginner Question)

8. Using 8 Meg simms in a 32 Meg board

9. Sorry, Modem is busy

10. sorry, the modem is busy???

11. kppp problem - "Sorry, the modem is busy"

12. "Sorry, the modem is busy"

13. Sorry, Modem is busy