ATI XPERT- X on the SVHS output port

Post by Bob Sul » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all - don't laugh **TOO** hard.

chipset) with a big-screen TV plugged in to the S-VHS output port (the
machine was originally set up in my family room downstairs as a Win-95 game
machine, also occasionally used for browsing the Web from the comfort of
the couch).  Well, I found an extra SCSI 1G hard drive in the closet last
week, so I put it in the old beast and installed RedHat Linux 5.2 on it - I
also have 5.2 on my main machine and figured I'd network them as an
exercise in Linux networking.  In any case, I can't seem to get X to work
with the TV set.  Win95 works fine with it (runs at 800x600 resolution,
24-bit color).  Anyone else out there ever tried this, and if so, how do I
best set up XF86Config?  I used some conservative settings with
Xconfigurator, but it didn't work - white bands running across the screen
until I hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 to shut down the X server.

Thanks....Bob

http://home.earthlink.net/~rsully/

And on the eighth day, God said:  "Murphy, you're in charge."

ATI XPERT- X on the SVHS output port

Post by Brad Nixo » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

You've gotta diconnect the TV out cable from the card for X to work. That's
what I did, it now works perfectly.

Brad Nixon

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. Suse 6.4?

3. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

4. Can't Achieve 1280x1024 - Help!

5. ATI Xpert@Play TV output

6. CD-R image requirements

7. X and TV output on an ATI Xpert@play

8. Getting installed RAM specs.

9. 3d Video Card with SVHS Output

10. ATI XPERT/X on S-VHS port - One more try

11. ati agp xpert98 8MB the same type as ati agp xpert@play 8MB 3D rage pro?

12. ATI Xpert 2000, ATI Radeon, Matrox G450 with XFree86

13. X display probleams, ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung Monitor HELP!!!!