UPDATE: Xserver errors/Shared Lib errors...

UPDATE: Xserver errors/Shared Lib errors...

Post by Nick T » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Ah......

Turns out by cdrom from www.cheapbytes.com has some bad sections,
and the install never complained about not being able to install all the
appropriate
software...

I downloaded the XFree86-libs-... RPM and once installed all is OK. Now,
I only have to track down what other packages didn't make it off(or perhaps
on)
the CD...

-Nick T.

1. /usr/x11r6/lib/x11/xserver/SecurityPolicy Installation Error!!!

Hey,

Okay, so here's the problem.  I'm trying to install Red Hat Linux 6.1 on my
machine which is already running WinNT 4.0 and every time I try set up my
partitions and click the next button (or in text mode just choose Next)  The
installation fails and I get a message that says:

Error Opening
Security Policy File:
/usr/x11r6/lib/x11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Sending Termination Signal

after which my machine promptly reboots.  I've searched everywhere for a
solution, am still searching and have managed to find a couple people who
are having a similar problem, but so far I haven't found an answer.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot in advance.

Later,

Dennis Ivy

******************************
*                   Dennis Ivy                     *

*   http://www.geocities.com/denivy/   *
******************************

2. Promise SuperTrak100 / i2o setup?

3. Odd shared lib errors with Netscape

4. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

5. GCC/ld error linking shared X libs

6. KDE 1.x on alpha and 32bpp colourdepth: lockup

7. Shared Lib error

8. Unable to write partition info during installation

9. Shared lib error libcrypt.so.1

10. Amost have shared lib working -- except for this little bitty error :)

11. error while loading shared libraries: /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol: _dl_cpuclock_offset

12. Errors making shared lib

13. linking errors building shared object libs with gcc 2.7.0