Converting/Installing True Type fonts to/under X

Converting/Installing True Type fonts to/under X

Post by Ernst Sij » Sun, 28 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Can anybody please give me a link where I can find a tool to convert or
install (Windows) True Type Fonts to X.
Is there a font-manager or something alike available?
My goal is to use some special (symbolic) fonts under X which I have in
TTF-format.
Thank in advance...

Post by Brion Vibbe » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Can anybody please give me a link where I can find a tool to convert or
> install (Windows) True Type Fonts to X.
> Is there a font-manager or something alike available?
> My goal is to use some special (symbolic) fonts under X which I have in
> TTF-format.

You might want to look at the pre-release version of the TrueType HOWTO
at http://pobox.com/~brion/linux/TrueType-HOWTO.html. Feedback &
suggestions are welcome!

Post by Bob Dodd » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Can anybody please give me a link where I can find a tool to convert or
> install (Windows) True Type Fonts to X.
> Is there a font-manager or something alike available?
> My goal is to use some special (symbolic) fonts under X which I have in
> TTF-format.
> Thank in advance...

Ernst,

Are you aware that X can use ttf fonts as they are? xfstt works
well, and in the doc of 0.0.99 are listed some ftp sites where
you can get thousands of ttf fonts.

sunsite has xfstt 0.0.99 or better.

-Bob