Compaq Aero w/X - how?

Post by Info Syste » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I've got myself a nice Compaq Aero 4/33c portable computer, and as I've got
plans to use Linux on it, perhaps as a server occasionally, I'd like to run X.
The problem is, that I've got Minilinux, and the X-server seems to recognize the
graphics chip (compaq_avga I think it is), but as soon as the graphics starts,
there's only garbage on the screen, and if I switch back to text the screen (color DSTN)
dies completely - I have to shut off and on to get something on it again.
Does someone know the proper settings in Xconfig, or hould I put on a new X-server
which is newer (hopefully not - Minilinux is convenient due to its small diskspace demands)

TIA