X color problem

Post by Steve Haig » Thu, 15 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hullo,

Anyone got any ideas on why I can't get my X server to run at more than
8 pixel depth?  Ive got a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro. Works fine, just
dont understand how to get a better colour resolution.

Thanks.

Steve.

X color problem

Post by Barry O'Nei » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

says...

Quote:> Hullo,

> Anyone got any ideas on why I can't get my X server to run at more than
> 8 pixel depth?  Ive got a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro. Works fine, just
> dont understand how to get a better colour resolution.

Try:  startx -- -bpp 16

Or substitute the number with any other colour depth (15/24/32).

regards,

Barry
--
Today isn't going to be as good as you'll think it was in the future.
(Remove "nothanks." from my address if you promise not to spam me)

X color problem

Post by Andrei Lebede » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

file: XF86Config, section "Screen"

Change DefaultColorDepth on 16