KDE kvt & /etc/utmp (`who am i`)

Post by Tim Sel » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Why doesn't kvt create an entry in /etc/utmp?  Because it doesn't do
this, `who am i` never returns anything, and `logname` always fails.  No
matter how many kvt sessions you start up, the `who` command will never
show any of them.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or whether I'm just missing
something.  None of the documented options appear to affect this
behavior.

1. utmp/wtmp in kvt/KDE

How do I compile kvt (KDE Terminal Emulator) to use utmp and wtmp? I couldn't
figure out when RTF[MS]. Anyone? Do I have to compile it with a special option?

BTW: How insecure is a suid root kvt?

--
It's a UNIX system, I know this.   -- Jurassic Park

2. dagrab-0.3.1 bug?

3. KDE & KVT

4. FTP - And Shadow - Can't login as anyone except anon via ftp

5. kvt leaves entry in utmp

6. Radio in NIS+

7. PPP kppp && pppd etc etc.

8. UPS

9. kvt, reversi, etc

10. KDE: kvt problem

11. kvt, xterm segmentation fault error after upgrading X, KDE

12. KDE: kvt + zsh -- problem with BACKSPACE

13. Where is kvt in RH6.0 kde-1.1.1 final?