Trident 9680 & 800x600

Post by Bernhard Damia » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have encountered strange things with my 2MB tgui9680 adapter.
When using the older SVGA server 3.2.9 I didn't manage to get the 16bpp
mode working. After shutting down X the graphic card was left in
graphics mode and I couldn't read a word on any terminal, the screen
was completely garbeled.

The latest version of the X-SVGA server (3.3) doesn't leave the card in

monitor doesn't work anymore although it worked properly with the old
server.

Should I alter the modeline slightly ?
Has anyone experienced a similar problem ?

    Thanks in advance !
               Bernhard

Trident 9680 & 800x600

Post by Chris Wiegan » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have encountered strange things with my 2MB tgui9680 adapter.
> When using the older SVGA server 3.2.9 I didn't manage to get the 16bpp
> mode working. After shutting down X the graphic card was left in
> graphics mode and I couldn't read a word on any terminal, the screen
> was completely garbeled.

> The latest version of the X-SVGA server (3.3) doesn't leave the card in

> monitor doesn't work anymore although it worked properly with the old
> server.

> Should I alter the modeline slightly ?
> Has anyone experienced a similar problem ?

>     Thanks in advance !
>                Bernhard

I have! I Have! :) I suggest using xvidmode to change your modelines, I
just put in some values that sounded okay to me (I DON'T recommend this,
it can really*up your monitor, although I'm lucky : mine won't do
things it can't do, but yours may not!), and made them better with
xvidmode.

--

Christopher Wiegand
http://www.veryComputer.com/~cwiegand

"If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
.... Oh, wait a minute, he already does."