X Screen Grabber

Post by Simon de Harto » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Anyone know how to grab a portion of your screen under X? I've tried xmag and
bitmap, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please mail to the address below.

TIA,

Simon de Hartog

S.N.E. de Hartog

"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows,
no gates, apache inside!"

X Screen Grabber

Post by John E. Garrot » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Anyone know how to grab a portion of your screen under X? I've tried xmag and
> bitmap, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Please mail to the address below.

> TIA,

> Simon de Hartog

>  --
> S.N.E. de Hartog

> "Linux is like a wigwam - no windows,
> no gates, apache inside!"

xgrab, available from sunsite will do it.

I believe gimp (www.gimp.org) will also.

John

X Screen Grabber

Post by Chri » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Use "xv". It has a grab option.
--

1. PMS-grabber : a package for the Pro MovieStudio frame grabber card

The PMS-grabber package has been uploaded to  sunsite.unc.edu
under /pub/Linux/incoming.

PMS-grabber package
===================

The "GNU Public Lincense" policy applies to all programs of this package

main features
=============
* captures frames of the "Pro MovieStudio" frame grabber card
* runs under X-Window in a normal window with various setting options
* online view or capturing of single frames
* arbitrarily resizing of view window (via window manager) (up to 500x500)
* up to 256 colors on display (the upper limit of X-window)
* frame grabbing in rgb555-mode (32768 colors) (24bit TrueColor also possible)
* computing of optimal color palettes from a given image
* popup menu for all option settings of the PMS-card
* popup menu for viewing and editing the registers (only for experiments)
* simple image analyzing tools (with mouse cursor in view window)
* simple save and load functions for ximages, captures and palettes
* comes together with a generally useful X-window package
* a standalone program for displaying saved images that runs without PMS-card
  on any computer with X-window

Begin3
Title:          PMS-grabber
Version:        12/94
Entered-date:   12/94
                sequences from a "Pro MovieStudio" frame grabber card,
                capability of saving and loading image files, computing
                optimized palettes, all controlled from a X-window interface
                life video display, color palette, image processing

Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/incoming
                92kB PMS-grabber.tgz
                1kB  PMS-grabber.readme
Alternate-site:
Platform:
Copying-policy: GPL
End

2. pkgadd versions of GNU. WHERE??

3. Virtual desktop screen grabber?

4. iptables configuration

5. Screen grabber

6. WWW Pages attached to Domain Names?

7. Help needed about screen-grabber

8. problem in bonding while "service network restart"

9. screen sequence grabber

10. UNIX "Screen Grabbers"...

11. Are there any Screen grabber for Linux

12. Screen Grabber?

13. Screen grabber for 16 bpp?