Setting modes for framebuffer console

Post by Per-Karsten Nordhau » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:46:17

This pquestion has probably been answerede before, but anyway...

I've just started fiddling with the vesafb stuff in the 2.4.x kernels,
and have run into a problem...

It seems that no matter what I put into the lilo.conf
(at the moment: vga=0x315), the console switches *back* into the very
useless 80x30 lines, 640x480x60 Hz mode.

Is there anyway to get this to work w/out having to use fbset ?
fbset -g 800 600 800 600 8 -t 22272 40 24 15 9 144 12 -hsync high
gives me exactly what I want, but it is annoying having to su, run
that for every TTY...

Any advice ?
Can I put fbset somewhere in the startup sequence so that the above is
automatically loaded ?

Thanks in advance...
--
ask not what you can do for your country,
ask what your country did to you.

1. Setting modes in framebuffer console

This question has probably been answered before, but anyway...

I've just started fiddling with the vesafb stuff in the 2.4.x kernels,
and have run into a problem...

It seems that no matter what I put into the lilo.conf
(at the moment: vga=0x315), the console switches *back* into the very
useless 80x30 lines, 640x480x60 Hz mode.

Is there anyway to get this to work w/out having to use fbset ?
fbset -g 800 600 800 600 8 -t 22272 40 24 15 9 144 12 -hsync high
gives me exactly what I want, but it is annoying having to su, run
that for every TTY...

Any advice ?
Can I put fbset somewhere in the startup sequence so that the above is
automatically loaded ?

Thanks in advance...
--
ask not what you can do for your country,
ask what your country did to you.

2. Lucent Technologies Solves Internet Per Minute Charge Crisis!?

3. what is mode line input for 1186x862 in framebuffer console

4. eth0 won't start after upgrade to RH 7.1

5. Setting the console Video Mode higher than ModeX

6. customary spot for non-kernel linux sources?

7. setting vga mode virtual consoles

8. ipportfw help!

9. VGA setting in console mode

10. Framebuffer ram allocation / modes / fbset

11. Can't select framebuffer mode

12. XFree86 4.01 in framebuffer mode

13. framebuffer mode + grub