Xfree86 4.0 and Matrox G400 Dual head

Post by Mark B Payb » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does XF86-4.0 support the dual headed Matrox G400 and if not does
anybody know when,  If it does can you post the XF86Config file?

Thanks,
  Mark

  markp.vcf
< 1K Download

Xfree86 4.0 and Matrox G400 Dual head

Post by Pete » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Nope, try Accelerated-X v5.0.3 if you need G400 DH support...
http://www.xinside.com/Pages/Multi-headAX.html

Quote:> Does XF86-4.0 support the dual headed Matrox G400 and if not does
> anybody know when,  If it does can you post the XF86Config file?

> Thanks,
>   Mark

Xfree86 4.0 and Matrox G400 Dual head

Post by Marc Britte » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

well, if you absolutly have to, try xig, otherwise wait untill summer.

xig isn't exactly what I would call good.  its nice and fast, but slow
to update(didn't support wheel mice untill 5.0) and a little screwy with
their support.

I bought a copy of 4, then upgraded to 5 and they never could get my
Matrox Productiva to work.  some support.  for that much money they
should have better support.

> Nope, try Accelerated-X v5.0.3 if you need G400 DH support...
> http://www.xinside.com/Pages/Multi-headAX.html

> > Does XF86-4.0 support the dual headed Matrox G400 and if not does
> > anybody know when,  If it does can you post the XF86Config file?

> > Thanks,
> >   Mark

Xfree86 4.0 and Matrox G400 Dual head

Post by Kristjan Kristinss » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

A thing you could do while you're waiting is to use the dual-head with
framebuffers, and run Xfb servers on the fb's and that way get 2 X
servers, perhaps not the most ideal solution though, but hey, it
works.

//Kristjan

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:11:52 -0500, Marc Britten

>well, if you absolutly have to, try xig, otherwise wait untill summer.

>xig isn't exactly what I would call good.  its nice and fast, but slow
>to update(didn't support wheel mice untill 5.0) and a little screwy with
>their support.

>I bought a copy of 4, then upgraded to 5 and they never could get my
>Matrox Productiva to work.  some support.  for that much money they
>should have better support.

>> Nope, try Accelerated-X v5.0.3 if you need G400 DH support...
>> http://www.xinside.com/Pages/Multi-headAX.html

>> > Does XF86-4.0 support the dual headed Matrox G400 and if not does
>> > anybody know when,  If it does can you post the XF86Config file?

>> > Thanks,
>> >   Mark

1. XFree86 4.0 dual head Matrox G400 Max

I'm trying to find an X server that can enable the use of both head's on
my dual head Matrox G400 Max. I couldn't find anything on
www.XFree86.org that said it wasn't supported, and Matrox cards seemed
highly recommended (that's why I got it).

Seems XFree86 doesn't support both head yet though.
AcceleratedX is supposed to support both heads of the G400, but it's
$200... I could have bought two cards, use XFree86, and saved money.
MetroX supports dual head configs... but doesn't mention anything about
using both heads on the Matrox G400 Max.

Anyone know when it will be supported in either MetroX or XFree86?
(or if there is any way to get a beta that supports it)

Josh I.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. 10G disk and fdisk/diskdruid problems

3. xfree86 4.0, fonts and g400 dual head

4. Newbie - help please

5. dual-head xfree86 4.0 crashes: softbooting non-matrox cards

6. Help! - Can't open browser as root

7. AAFonts with matrox G400 Dual Head

8. ppp problem

9. Matrox G400 MAX, dual head support under X?

10. Matrox g400 Dual Head

11. Dual head config for Matrox G400 Max?

12. Matrox G400, X and dual heads?

13. MATROX Millenium G400 dual head video?