Matrox G200 and SciTech

Post by Jaime Santo » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I downloaded the SciTech Display Doctor for Linux from
www.matroxusers.com. They say that it is compatible with the G200
boards. When I executed the rpm -i command, it installed the package and
started the setup script. After the detection of the card it started the
X server and the problems.
As anyone experienced the same problem?
Please help...
Alex

Matrox G200 and SciTech

Post by Michael Knephe » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I downloaded the SciTech Display Doctor for Linux from
> www.matroxusers.com. They say that it is compatible with the G200
> boards. When I executed the rpm -i command, it installed the package and
> started the setup script. After the detection of the card it started the
> X server and the problems.
> As anyone experienced the same problem?
> Please help...
> Alex

I just installed a G200 with Scitech. I got it working by selecting
1152x856 as the maximum resolution, and chose 16bpp color depth. Choosing
24 or 32, I couldn't start the X server (had a complaint from Window Maker.
My monitor is a 15" Sony Multiscan 15sf, if you want to compare.

Good luck,

Michael Knepher

Matrox G200 and SciTech

Post by Achim Oppel » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I downloaded the SciTech Display Doctor for Linux from
> www.matroxusers.com. They say that it is compatible with the G200
> boards. When I executed the rpm -i command, it installed the package and
> started the setup script. After the detection of the card it started the
> X server and the problems.
> As anyone experienced the same problem?

Exactly what is the problem? You didn't mention it...

Alternatively, SuSE has a server for the G200. You can get it from
http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html

Achim