problems with ATI GPT & Mag DX17F

Post by Bharathi Ramavarju » Mon, 07 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi
I am having problems with X - there are multiple borders for the windows (ghosting) and there is a persistence of image when i move the windows around.
I've installed the X311u1Ma64 - but the prob. still persists.
I have a MAG DX17F monitor and an ATI Graphics Pro turbo with 2meg VRAM. Please could anyone help me out on this. (any changes the xcongif file, etc, any suggestions..)
Thanks in advance,
--bharathi

problems with ATI GPT & Mag DX17F

Post by Darin Erns » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Does the problem get worse as the clock is increased?

I get ghosting with the DX17F at high clocks.

Darin

Post by Kent Ritch » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

> Hi
> I am having problems with X - there are multiple borders for the windows

(ghosting) and there is a persistence of image when i move the windows
around.

Quote:> I've installed the X311u1Ma64 - but the prob. still persists.
> I have a MAG DX17F monitor and an ATI Graphics Pro turbo with 2meg VRAM.

put

Option "no_block_write"

in the Device scection of your XF86Config file.

16bb XF86Config file for the Mag DX17F and ATI Mach64 WinTurbo

Kent Ritchie               Network Manager           The Blake School

http://www.blake.pvt.k12.mn.us/~kritchie          Pager: 612.539.4977