Ps2 mouse problem

Post by henk Molendij » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

At school we work with IBM-p75 systems (including ps2-mouse.)
I'm using Xfree86 3.1.2 under kernel 2.0 (Slackware 3.1 -'96)
X is starting up well, but the mouse isn't working at all.
I allready tried to "disable" gpm -t at "rd.local" without any succes.
(i installed it while setting up Slackware)

The xf86config programm ask for a mouse directory so my mouse is now at
dev/mouse (default)

Is there anyone who can give me advice?

Henk

1. PS2 Mouse Problem In Quake but not X

I'm a complete Linux-newbee and I can't figure out how to get the mouse
to work properly in Quake I for Linux.

It is a PS2 Logitech 3 button MouseMan mouse that works fine in X or KDE
but when I start Quake, it does not function correctly.

The left-right movements in Quake are very quick and far too extreme.   I
tried to customize the controls to change the Quake controls as I have
done in the DOS version but it would not map the mouse keys and lowering
the sensitivity did not work.  Quake did did not recognize the mouse
clicks when I clicked them in the Quake control setup.  I wanted to
reassign the forward movement to the right mouse button and attack to the
left mouse button.

I'm running RedHat 6.0 on an AMD K6-2 300mhz on an Asus P5-AB motherboard
with Quake I.

I'll be very pleased if anyone will help me.  Many thanks.

2. Better communications program (not X)

3. PS2 Mouse problems with Mandrake 8.0 install

4. Solaris 8 SunFire 6800 DR Restore onto V240

5. PS2 Mouse problem

6. apache and root user

7. PS2 mouse problem

8. IP Masq'ing a block of class C's to itself over 2 interfaces?

9. PS2 Mouse problem

10. HELP: 2.0.4 / PPro ps2 mouse problem

11. ps2 mouse problems

12. PS2 Mouse Problem

13. ps2 mouse problem with portege 7020 running win98