S3 Trio 64 Dosemu cannot run in graphics mode

S3 Trio 64 Dosemu cannot run in graphics mode

Post by Mark Stopard Bake » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

The heading says it all. No problems with X but dos apps under dosemu
report that a graphics adapter is not available. I am using kernel 2.0.0
and the latest dosemu from tsx-11.

I have altered settings in dosemu.conf but am now at a loss on what to
do.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

S3 Trio 64 Dosemu cannot run in graphics mode

Post by Stephen R Chadfiel » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> The heading says it all. No problems with X but dos apps under dosemu
> report that a graphics adapter is not available. I am using kernel 2.0.0
> and the latest dosemu from tsx-11.

> I have altered settings in dosemu.conf but am now at a loss on what to
> do.

I have 2MB DS 64 DRAM card and use the following:

        video { vga  console  graphics  chipset s3  memsize 2048 }

Even Sim City 2000 *almost* runs with these settings.

--
Stephen R Chadfield

1. S3 Trio-64 with SVGALIB fails switching back to text mode

Anyone else in this boat?

If I run Doom or Abuse with SVGALIB, my monitor goes crazy when
switching back to text mode. Yikes.

I AM using SVGALIB 1.2.10, the latest and greatest.

Strangely, I compiled and ran the VGATEST program (I think that's what
it was called) and everything worked fine. Tetris also works fine. It
must therefore be something that only some games are doing.

Both Doom and Abuse also fail to initialise the mouse correctly. Also,
after doom exits, the keyboard is screwed requiring a power off and
on. These may be other unrelated probs though.

I can run both Doom and Abuse under X, so it's definately an SVGALIB
problem.

Any assitance greatly appreciated.

2. Off Topic

3. X for S3 Trio 64 in VESA mode only?

4. . Windows 3D Game Programmer - Direct3D and/or OpenGL programming experience

5. Can somebody help me to tune S3 server for S3 Trio 64?

6. Security question concerning port security and SSH.

7. does DOSEMU support S3 Virge in graphic mode

8. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jun 13, 2000)

9. Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM Trio S3 86C764-P

10. ExpertColor S3 trio 64

11. help! s3 trio 64 does not work !

12. S3 trio 64 V2

13. S3 Trio 64 Video Logic Graffix Star 300