Why can't my X program find my Xlibs?

Post by Zach Buckn » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I compiled an X program (Mesa 1.2.1) on a friends linux system.  His Xlibs
are in /usr/lib/X11, and not /usr/X11/lib.  When compiling on his computer,
the Makefile expected them to be in /usr/X11/lib, but I had to change it.

Now, when I use it on my linux system, it can't find the libs!  I made a
symbolic link /usr/lib/X11 pointing to /usr/X11/lib.  It still can't find it.
What can I do to make it find them?

Thanks,
Zach.

1. Why did 'nobody' do a 'find'

Hello,

I run redhat linux.

I have noticed that sometimes, when I'm not doing anything, my harddrive starts
spinning and my xload draws something that looks like sailboats sailing by.

Last time this happened I ran top and I saw that a find was being performed by
nobody.

What was nobody looking for?

Just curious.

2. Tell SCSI drive to spin down?

3. Who is 'nobody' and why 'find'

4. Help me with hardware setup

5. Can't find Xlibs after gcc upgrade ??

6. Q: FTP site for Motif or alike

7. Why is find so slow (Re: Why use find?)

8. Newbie: Installing sources

9. Can't find Xlibs after GCC/LIB upgrade ???

10. What is 'net-pf-4' and why can't modprobe find it?

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. Why not 'appcert' for C++ programs??