setting mouse button event to key press event

setting mouse button event to key press event

Post by Mike Putna » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi
  I'm trying to set a mouse button event to a ctl-key event. Is there an
easy way to do this in X (11R6)?

--

508-916-8087 Direct

1. third button event using 2 button mouse

Hi,
We are running 2.4 of Solaris-x86 on INTEL box. We have a microsoft
2 button mouse. The two buttons generate button1 and button2 events.
Verified it by running xev under /usr/openwin/demo. Our GUI application
needs button1 and button3 events. I have problem getting a button3
event using the mouse. I called the Solaris technical support and
they told me that I have to use XXsetPointerMapping in our code
to map button2 to button3. We run our application on lot of platforms
including Unixware which has 2 button mouse. The default for unixware
is button1 and button3 events.

Anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas on how to generate
third button event using the mouse, without changing our code fully.

Shobana

Shobana Venkataraman

2. Mounting NTFS

3. Middle mouse button sometimes generates button 1 and 3 events

4. Printer problem ! first page garbage

5. need a key pressed event handler

6. using command substitution from inittab?

7. Key Press and Release Events

8. automount jaz on solaris

9. Mouse Button Events Not Right...

10. Middle-button mouse events repeated!

11. Mouse buttons & keyboard events

12. Sending mouse events to multi-buttons applications

13. How to wait for key, mouse OR other thread's event in ncurses app?