Where is knews (Knews.ad)

Post by Brad Ryland » Mon, 18 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I just installed the (redhat) knews rpm from the smurphy site.
I'm using it now and so far I'm pleased.  However the man page
refers to a sample Knews.ad X resources file that didn't come
with the rpm.

Will any of you point me to an ftp source, or perhaps mail me a
copy to get me started?

I tried archie but only come up with Debian sites and .deb files.
I hardly understand rpm's so I really don't want to jump into
.deb's.

BTW, what's with Debian?  Not to be critical, but a directory
structure "/debian/debian/debian..." fif* levels deep strikes
me as a bit unusual.

Thank you for your attention.

Brad

1. Where is knews (Knews.ad)

Subject: Where is knews (Knews.ad)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking

I just installed the (redhat) knews rpm from the smurphy site.
I'm using it now and so far I'm pleased.  However the man page
refers to a sample Knews.ad X resources file that didn't come
with the rpm.

Will any of you point me to an ftp source, or perhaps mail me a
copy to get me started?

I tried archie but only come up with Debian sites and .deb files.
I hardly understand rpm's so I really don't want to jump into
.deb's.

BTW, what's with Debian?  Not to be critical, but a directory
structure "/debian/debian/debian..." fifteen levels deep strikes
me as a bit unusual.

Thank you for your attention.

Brad

2. Freeware Linux BBS - READ!

3. Knews/linux.setup

4. MAKEFILE help

5. KNEWS

6. Kompilation error

7. knews: How to stop downloading all groups every time?

8. 2.4 irq problem on SMP 2.4.8

9. KNEWS Config help needed

10. Knews Reader Question - Why can I post as root only ?

11. Can't compile knews

12. knews with UUCP possible?

13. configure smtp mail to work with knews