X on old Dell laptop with WD/Paradise 90C22 chipset

X on old Dell laptop with WD/Paradise 90C22 chipset

Post by Jonathan Appavo » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Is this possible or am I out of luck?

Config:
    Dell 325N laptop
    running Linux 1.2.13 (running fine)
    Output from SuperProbe:
        Chipset: WD/Paradise 90C22
        Memory: 256 K
        RAMDAC:  Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC
                 (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit model))

Everything I have looked at so far seems to point at 90C22 chipset as
being unsupported.  Is this true?  Are there any hacks?

Thanks for all your help.

1. WD/Paradise Chipset?

Hi,
  I'm configuring XFree86 for the first time, and am trying to get it to
set up properly in a mode other than VGA.  Unfortunately, the card I
have is an old SVGA card, which I believe is either a Western Digital or
Paradise card ( I received the card second hand and do not have the
associated documentation).    The various prominent chip serial numbers
on the card are as follows:
WDC '90 62-003167-031; Paradise '88 PVGA1A-JK; (a smaller chip on the
side of the card reads: WD90C60-PC - I assume one of these might give
some idea of the chipset/card type?

In RH Linux I'm using Xconfigurator to try what seem to be the relevant
settings, i.e. Paradise, and Western Digital, and SVGA without any
luck.  I was just wondering if someone might recognize what the chipset
was, whether XFree86 supports it, and might have some tips on how to
configure it.  I'm a little greedy, I know :-)

Thanks,
Michael

2. What is the ipddp0 device?

3. XF86_SVGA on Dell Laptops (WD90c24a2 chipset)

4. how can I fix this?

5. Old Dell Laptop

6. Veritas and WebMethods with jre

7. Dell XPI laptop/ Neomagic chipset

8. Sytem messages on remote console?

9. Some probs with standard WD/paradise chips

10. Need HELP with X Windows and WD/Paradise 90C11

11. XFree86 driver/config for Paradise(WD) ???

12. WD/Paradise Video Problems

13. Help : WD paradise BAHAMAS card