Mach 64 : Video Xpression ATI-264VT - help!

Mach 64 : Video Xpression ATI-264VT - help!

Post by Joseph Jabba » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I've tried to get an Xserver running on this card with absoloutely no
success.

I can't get the Accel driver working, or the SVGA or the VGA or even the
Mono dirvers.

X -probeonly

comes back with No valid modes found every time.

The fact that I can't get it working even in VGA mode makes me think that
perhaps this model of the Mach64 card is unsupported.  Can anyone confirm
or deny this for me?

--Joseph Jabbar
Birkbeck College
University of London

Post by J.H.Gurn » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: I've tried to get an Xserver running on this card with absoloutely no
: success.

 Interesting, I have exactly the same problem with my mach64 ASUS
AV264CT-N card.

: The fact that I can't get it working even in VGA mode makes me think that
: perhaps this model of the Mach64 card is unsupported.  Can anyone confirm
: or deny this for me?

 Sure looks like it, doesn`t it?

     James

1. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

I'm looking into getting a Micron P120PCI Millennia Plus system for
running Linux and XFree86. The Micron upgrade choices for video cards
are:

 - Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM    - 2MB or 4MB
 - ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64) - 2MB or 4MB

Which is better supported in XFree86?

Is there any significant speed difference between these two cards for
XFree86?

I've heard that some cards run faster w/4MB than 2MB due to memory
interleaving or double wide bus access.  Do either of these two cards
have this property or is the only difference for these cards the
number of colors supported at higher resolutions?

Thanks,
Doug

2. Stronghold + mod_perl ?

3. Stealth Video 64 or ATI Mach 64

4. Question about LV mirroring and backups

5. ATI Graphics XPression (mach 64)

6. make install and make installkernel failures

7. ATI Xpressions Mach 64 config file

8. Adding or Growing an LSM volumn

9. ATI Graphics XPression (mach 64)

10. ATI GRAPHICS XPRESSION Mach 64

11. Help on configuring X for Linux with ATI PCI Mach 64 2MB VRAM video card

12. S3 964 Diamond Stealth 64, ATI Mach 64 and Gateway Vivitron 1776 - Help!!!

13. I need help with XFree86, ATI Mach (264VT), and an Acerview 34T