X-Windows Virtual Memory Problem

Post by Jonathan McDona » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I'm having Virtual Memory problems for X-Windows. I have  8Mb Ram and
20 mb Swap space.  X-Windows starts up, clear desktop, usual basic
setup.  Anyway, when I try to load a terminal up or a program the cpu
gets busy with activity but to no avail, nothing loads up.  I got a
e-mail message from CRON to root and it said that the Virtual Memory
was exhausted.
Can anybody shine any light on the subject? or was in a similar
situation.

Also one more question, where can I find the file that contains BASH
shell path?

I'm new to Linux :) so any helpp would be appreciated.
---
Reflex Magnetics Ireland - http://www.reflex.ie/
Unit 24
Johnstown Industrial Centre,
Waterford, Ireland.

tel: +353-51-851051  fax: +353-51-841052

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. NY UNIX

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. Tiny Firewall and newsgroups and such

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. Linux installation under DOS directory

7. Virtual Terminals with X-windows and KDE desktop.

8. Problems with kde2.0rc2 + Red Hat 6.0

9. X-windows Virtual desktops

10. X-Windows and Gnome on all virtual console

11. Virtual Terminal from X-Windows

12. Help: RH5.1 X-Windows displat goes bad after switching to a text virtual console

13. X-Windows and virtual terminals