Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM w/Trio 64

Post by Jim Cla » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I'm having trouble configuring X windows.  I used xf86config to select
the right card and monitor frequencies, but when I run startx all I
get is a black screen.  Can any one share their setup file for this
card.

Jim

Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM w/Trio 64

Post by Tim Spen » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

If you have over 16MB RAM, you're probably suffering from a bug documented in
the release notes. I quote:

8.System lockups can occur when using the S3 server with Trio64V+ based cards.
One workaround that seems to work is to copy the server binary to the
     null device (i.e. cp XF86_S3 /dev/null), immediately before starting the
server.

Good luck.

Tim Spence

Quote:

>I'm having trouble configuring X windows.  I used xf86config to select
>the right card and monitor frequencies, but when I run startx all I
>get is a black screen.  Can any one share their setup file for this
>card.

>Jim

1. Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM PCI (Trio 64) and vgalib

        I have a Diamond Stealth 64DRAM, 2meg with the Trio64 chipset
(that's Diamond bios v2.0) and I'm running SVGAlib version 1.2.8 for the
Trio64.  I also used the normal SVGAlib version 1.2.8.  I have tried
changing the libvga.config between unspecified and S3.

Problem:
        The problem is, my old graphics applications do not work - mpeg_vga,
vgamp, zgv.  If I run the application zgv, for instance, I get space fuzz.
When I escape, it doesn't return to the correct video mode - I get more
space fuzz (the clock is messed up).  SVGATextMode won't fix it them.
savetextmode does the same thing.  vgamp will show the mpeg and then escape
and give me space fuzz.

Other Weird Things:
        All these things did work under SlackWare 2.02 (I think.).  I just
switched to RedHat, which came with the new libs.

What might be wrong:
        I suspect that the clockchip on my videocard is getting screwed up.
I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem and was able to fix it.

        Thanks,
        David

2. Bind Breakin attempt?

3. Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM Trio S3 86C764-P

4. X500

5. How to get 16-bit Color on Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM (Trio)???

6. DNS

7. Help - Video Card Problem (Diamond Stealth 64 dram)

8. What to order to get Debian 2.0?

9. Problem with a Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM under XF86

10. Diamond Stealth 64 Dram PCI - NEC 4FG Monitor : XF86Config Please

11. Diamond Stealth Video 64 DRAM VLB XF86config

12. Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM PCI (2mb)

13. Diamond Stealth 64 Video 2001 series, Trio64V+ (765) DRAM