X Screensaver...

Post by David L. Johnso » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> Is there a way to get hold of the "X" screen saver. I often see the standard
> big "X" on the screen around work but didn't know if it was specific to
> Motif or DEC Windows or what.

Here's some non-information:  It is built in to the servers.  But I
forgot how to set that screensaver mode, as opposed to mere blanking.

Anyone recall?

--

Department of Mathematics       http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html
Lehigh University

X Screensaver...

Post by Andrew Elmo » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: >
: > Is there a way to get hold of the "X" screen saver. I often see the standard
: > big "X" on the screen around work but didn't know if it was specific to
: > Motif or DEC Windows or what.
: >
: Here's some non-information:  It is built in to the servers.  But I
: forgot how to set that screensaver mode, as opposed to mere blanking.

        Try xset s ...options...  look at the manpage

        don't know if this works on linux but it works on my mips
        workstation

        Andrew

X Screensaver...

Post by Harald Schreib » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>> Is there a way to get hold of the "X" screen saver. I often see the standard
>> big "X" on the screen around work but didn't know if it was specific to
>> Motif or DEC Windows or what.

>Here's some non-information:  It is built in to the servers.  But I
>forgot how to set that screensaver mode, as opposed to mere blanking.
>Anyone recall?

xset s noblank

Hope this helps.
Harald

Harald Schreiber, Ronheider Berg 208, D-52076 Aachen, Germany

X Screensaver...

Post by Bryan J. Phillipp » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> >Here's some non-information:  It is built in to the servers.  But I
> >forgot how to set that screensaver mode, as opposed to mere blanking.

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get xlock to work on a time
> delay as a replacement for the builtin screen saver?
> --

Yeah, check out xautolock.  It has a ton of features, and can run _any_
program after a specified delay in time.  I have mine set up to run
"xlock -nolock" after 10 minutes.  It should compile cleanly on an ELF
based system (I don't remember, though).

-B. James Phillippe
--

Kickin' it since 1.1.59    [www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~bryanxms]

1. Help with Screensavers

Does anyone know how to get the screen savers to start automatically? The
books show to alternate setup screens, one that allows auto start of the
screen savers and the other which you start manually (as mine is).

Thanks
--
David Bryant - AdPak Communications
Web site design and Hosting for businesses nationwide.

2. Help How to upgrade Glibc2.0 to 2.1 w/o install RH6.0

3. Winter or Holiday ScreenSavers (KDE)

4. Linux WEB counter

5. screensavers and xloadimage

6. Starting/Stopping Services At Boot Time

7. Networking and screensaver.

8. modem support

9. Where can I configure the screensaver?

10. X screensavers and VESA power savings

11. KDE screensaver doesn't work - ???

12. screensaver hooks

13. auto screensaver set-up?