Voodoo3 PCI drivers and XFree86 3-3-3.3 ?

Voodoo3 PCI drivers and XFree86 3-3-3.3 ?

Post by Dan Anderso » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I read earlier that Linus was saying that the new version of XFree is
coming out, but when.  I have the beta drivers for my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI
card, but I'm having difficulty installing them.  Linux always gives me
the message that the drivers are not valid when trying to install the
rpm.
Any help would be great.

Dan

Voodoo3 PCI drivers and XFree86 3-3-3.3 ?

Post by puptan » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I read earlier that Linus was saying that the new version of XFree is
> coming out, but when.
> I have the beta drivers for my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card, but I'm having
> difficulty installing them.  Linux always gives me the message that
> the drivers are not valid when trying to install the rpm.
> Any help would be great.

Maybe I've misunderstood, but it sounds like you're getting the error
from rpm...? It could be the options (or lack of) you're giving it (I've
never used RedHat, so I'm not gonna be much use).

But here's a page that might help, it's RedHat specific:
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/x-windows/voodoo3.html

And another you might be interested in:
http://www.netroedge.com/~phil/3dfx-howto.html

puptank
--

http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~trmusson/
            Polar bear: a Cartesian bear after a coordinate transform.

Voodoo3 PCI drivers and XFree86 3-3-3.3 ?

Post by puptan » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>> I have the beta drivers for my Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card, but I'm having
>> difficulty installing them.  Linux always gives me the message that
>> the drivers are not valid when trying to install the rpm.

Hey, someone's just started a thread on 3dfx.glide.linux - from what
he's written, it looks like it might be the same problem. You might like
to check it out & see what replies he gets.

Newsgrp: 3dfx.glide.linux (on news.3dfx.com)
Subject: Prob with Voodoo 3 and Daryll's SVGA drivers...
Dated:   17/07/99

puptank (I'll shut up now)
--

http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~trmusson/
            The more people I meet the more I like my dog. - K. Swartz