Image viewer that will auto refresh when image changes

Image viewer that will auto refresh when image changes

Post by root » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:09:00

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a xview type of program that will refresh the image
when it has changed?
(kind of like looking at the output of a *, but without using
html?)..

Cheers,
Alex

--
www.icepick.com - A hyperwired house with 9 *s!
NEW! http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Optimized pages

Post by Ed Nathe » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> Does anyone know of a xview type of program that will refresh the image
> when it has changed?
> (kind of like looking at the output of a *, but without using
> html?)..

> Cheers,
> Alex

> --
> www.icepick.com - A hyperwired house with 9 *s!
> NEW! http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Optimized pages
> for Palm and Windows CE devices!

`gv' does that.

ed

Image viewer that will auto refresh when image changes

Post by root » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Ed,

Hmm.. I checked for gv.. I could only find something called gview but
that
is just a image browser.. the other gv was a postscript viewer.. any
idea where you downloaded it, or can you mail it to me?

Cheers,
Alex

--
www.icepick.com - A hyperwired house with 9 *s!
NEW! http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Optimized pages
for Palm and Windows CE devices!

Image viewer that will auto refresh when image changes

Post by Dinos Dorkofiki » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I guess that is the gv Ed meant; Perhaps you could pipe the JPEG file
to the 'jpegtopnm' and 'pnmtops' utilities before loading it in gv.

Also it should be easy to write a small wrapper script for xview to
periodically check the displayed file, and reload it when it changes.

--

> Ed,

> Hmm.. I checked for gv.. I could only find something called gview but
> that
> is just a image browser.. the other gv was a postscript viewer.. any
> idea where you downloaded it, or can you mail it to me?

> Cheers,
> Alex

> > > Hi all,

> > > Does anyone know of a xview type of program that will refresh the image
> > > when it has changed?
> > > (kind of like looking at the output of a *, but without using
> > > html?)..

> > > Cheers,
> > > Alex

> > > --
> > > www.icepick.com - A hyperwired house with 9 *s!
> > > NEW! http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Optimized pages
> > > for Palm and Windows CE devices!

> > `gv' does that.

> > ed

> --
> www.icepick.com - A hyperwired house with 9 *s!
> NEW! http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Optimized pages
> for Palm and Windows CE devices!

--
Dinos D Dorkofikis

1. (i740) Image size changes with image darkness.

  Hello,

  my screen has few icons and windows, so it's mostly background. I do

  xsetroot -solid darkblue ;        # Make screen dark

  xsetroot -solid darkblue          # Make scree  light

  the screen image expands when I do "xsetroot -solid white" (and
shrinks back if I do "xsetroot -solid darkblue".)

  Is that normal ? I have not found any mention of this anywhere.

  Any information is welcome,

  Etienne

2. Q: Shared memory with shmget and shmat?

3. Missing images/Broken images

4. A brief look at Solaris 10 zones .. my article

5. Splitting an image in half (into two images) from a script

6. new system

7. New Booting Image and Ramdisk Image for Alpha DS10/XP1000/DS20

8. Code for mmap

9. Free Imaging Catalog from New Imaging Business

10. TN-Image scientific image analysis software

11. Printing text, image, text, image, ...

12. Wang OPEN/image document imaging for AIX starts shipments