1. Help with DIAMOND VIPER SE VLB with p9100 chipset
I am a newbie to Linux, and while installing X Windows, I noticed that
it said that the P9100 chip is not supported yet, is that still the
case? I have read as much as I could of this newsgroup and noticed
other people that are having similar problems as I am, but I could not
find any real solution. So the first part of my question is: IS there
a P9100 driver for Diamond chipset yet? If there is, where can I get
Well, after finding that out, I set up to use the generic SVGA setup
and driver, and where that "works" (meaning, I can actually see my
XClock and Xterms, but nothing much else works.. maybe not video
problem though!! :)) it is HUGE!!! It says that the default graphics
will be set to 320X200 !!! Even though I have it set for standard 640
by 480.. Is there a way to change that default with the generic
The only way that I can get it to work like this is to have everything
including the chipset setup as generic, with 2MB of vram (which is what
the card has).
If anyone has any suggestions, could you please either respond here or
email me directly at:
Also, if anyone has gotten their VIPER VLB SE with P9100 chipset to
work with X Windows (I only need it to be 640x480 after all!!) could
you please send me a copy of your XF86Config file in the text of the
Bradley M. Rosenberg
2. Referer/Agent log files for Netscape Commerce Server?
3. Diamond Viper SE VLB
4. "Tricking" AIX 4 install program...
5. diamond viper vlb (se) - help!
6. conection problems with suse6.2 KDE 1.1.1
7. Diamond Viper SE VLB
8. WTB: IBM 100TX MCA Card (RS6000)
9. Diamon Viper SE p9100
10. Diamond Viper VLB -- PCI-VLB mixup????
11. linux support for Diamond Viper VLB, etc
12. Diamond Viper VLB support ???