RAGE 128, X & a newbee please help !!!!

Post by Cédric Arnoul » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> i've just installed the RH 6.0 and i try to configure X to work with my
ATI

Post by Shau » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> > i've just installed the RH 6.0 and i try to configure X to work
with my
> ATI
> > RAGE FURY , i've download the xrage.rpm from suse, now i have the
server
> in
> > the directory /usr/X11R6/bin/. And i try Xconfigurator but when i
type
> > startx my screen lock.

> > What can i do ?
> > Please help me
> > --
> > Cedric
> > PS : i'm sorry for my poor english.

you need to make a link between the new Rage server & the SVGA server.
I'm new to Linux too so this may be wrong, but try it, it worked for me.

ln -s XFCOM_RAGE (or whatever the server was you got from SuSE)
XF86_SVGA

If this is wrong someone please correct me but, I think that's it.

Shaun

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RAGE 128, X & a newbee please help !!!!

Post by Shau » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> you need to make a link between the new Rage server & the SVGA server.
> I'm new to Linux too so this may be wrong, but try it, it worked for
me.

> ln -s XFCOM_RAGE (or whatever the server was you got from SuSE)
> XF86_SVGA

> If this is wrong someone please correct me but, I think that's it.

> Shaun

Actually I think that's backwards, hopefully someone will correct me if
I'm wrong.  I think the actual command is

ln -s XF86_SVGA XFCOM_RAGE (or whatever it was that you downloaded)

linking SVGA to RAGE, then choose the SVGA server in Xconfigurator

Shaun

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RAGE 128, X & a newbee please help !!!!

Post by David St.Clai » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

That's right.

ln -s XFCom_Rage128 XF86_SVGA

After that run the configuration program as "expert".  (Xconfigurator
--expert) Choose the XSVGA server.

More help can be found here:
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~distclai/suserage128.html

David St.Clair

> > > i've just installed the RH 6.0 and i try to configure X to work
> with my
> > ATI
> > > RAGE FURY , i've download the xrage.rpm from suse, now i have the
> server
> > in
> > > the directory /usr/X11R6/bin/. And i try Xconfigurator but when i
> type
> > > startx my screen lock.

> > > What can i do ?
> > > Please help me
> > > --
> > > Cedric
> > > PS : i'm sorry for my poor english.

> you need to make a link between the new Rage server & the SVGA server.
> I'm new to Linux too so this may be wrong, but try it, it worked for me.

> ln -s XFCOM_RAGE (or whatever the server was you got from SuSE)
> XF86_SVGA

> If this is wrong someone please correct me but, I think that's it.

> Shaun

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

RAGE 128, X & a newbee please help !!!!

Post by Shau » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> That's right.

> ln -s XFCom_Rage128 XF86_SVGA

> After that run the configuration program as "expert".  (Xconfigurator
> --expert) Choose the XSVGA server.

> More help can be found here:
> http://www4.ncsu.edu/~distclai/suserage128.html

> David St.Clair

Thanks Dave

Shaun

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra (Rage 128 Pro Ultra)

I was wondering if anybody has gotten X to work with this ATI card and
if so, How?  I'm running Debian Linux and Xfree from the testing
section of the debian site. Needless to say I would be glad to help
anybody else working on getting this card to work.

Tim

2. after connect ppp than what??

3. Please Please Help! ATI Rage 128 under RedHat

4. Stop Usenet Censorship and Totalitarianism 3822345774

5. KMail Address Book

6. Linux & ATI RAGE FURY (RAGE 128 cards)

7. The LinuxFux EXPOSED. Here is the official FAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Please help set up an ATI Rage 128 with SVGATextMode

9. ATI RAGE 128 & Linux-Mandrake 6.1 & X !!!

10. ATI Rage 128 Pro & Redhat 6.2 - Help