problems with the chooser on xdm

Post by Rod Campbel » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I've got xdm setup and the chooser running, and everything runs pretty
well.  I've got xdm setup to run on my personal machine, and I initiate
X with X -indirect ishmael (ishmael is the name of my machine).  The
chooser appears, with my machine and the other machines on my network
(all are running Linux 2.0.x).  I can connect to any of these,
including  my own without problems.  The problem I am having, however,
is getting back to the chooser after logging out of an xdmcp session.  I
always stays at the login screen of the machine I was just connected
to.  Any suggestions?

--Rod

1. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

I have a few linux boxes each running xdm (with no XServers entries), and
I'm running a local xdm on another system for actual display.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the other servers on the lan, even with
-broadcast (I also tried -indirect and -query, explicitely in XServers) on
the local system. Any reason why the 'chooser' isn't coming up instead of
a local login prompt?

- lv

2. dpid2 susbsystem

3. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

4. GCC 2.7.0 and kernels 1.3.6 and 1.2.6

5. xdm chooser mode problems

6. Installation and partitioning questions

7. xdm & chooser Problem

8. KMail and spelling

9. chooser/xdm config problem

10. xdm and chooser problem in Redhat7.0

11. Problem Setting up Linux/Xdm/Chooser

12. Problems with xdm and Chooser

13. Problem with xdm chooser