Mouse wheel?

Post by Ken Li » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way for me to configure the wheel on my mouse (MS Intellimouse),
to work in the way it does in windows? (Scrolling down in documents, etc.)
If so, tell me/point me to a webpage.  Thanks

Ken Liu

Mouse wheel?

Sure, here : http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

--
Vincent Caron   [Cryo Networks]   http://www.cryo-networks.com

Mouse wheel?

Post by Mark Guzz » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > Is there a way for me to configure the wheel on my mouse (MS Intellimouse),
> > to work in the way it does in windows? (Scrolling down in documents, etc.)
> > If so, tell me/point me to a webpage.  Thanks

> Sure, here : http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

> --
> Vincent Caron   [Cryo Networks]   http://www.cryo-networks.com

Would this work for the Logitech trackman ?

Mouse wheel?

Post by J. Chan » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I went to the site and the info is that Gnome/GTK have support for the mouse
wheel. I am running Gnome and there doesn't seem to be any support but I
think that I';m missing something.

Post by Bruce Stephen » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I went to the site and the info is that Gnome/GTK have support for
> the mouse wheel. I am running Gnome and there doesn't seem to be any
> support but I think that I';m missing something.

What version of Gnome do you have?  What did you try?  I find that
gtop, for example, scrolls fine, but gnome-helper (one of the
applications where wheel scrolling would be really convenient, IMHO)
doesn't.

Mouse wheel?

Post by Kevin Vandersloo » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Did you add the Z axis mapping to your XF86Config file?  You also can't have
the
'emulate three buttons' option in your XF86Config file. Finally do you have the
right
pointer device in your XF86Config file? It probably won't work if you have
generic PS/2 device chosen. Gnome/gtk apps work but some you have to have the
mouse over the scrollbar and then use the wheel mouse. The file manager (gmc)
works
properly so you can try your wheel mouse on that.

> I went to the site and the info is that Gnome/GTK have support for the mouse
> wheel. I am running Gnome and there doesn't seem to be any support but I
> think that I';m missing something.

> Intellimouse),
> etc.)

> >> Sure, here : http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

Mouse wheel?

Post by Stefaan A Eecke » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Would this work for the Logitech trackman ?

I'm using a Trackman marble wheel on the machine
I'm typing this answer on. Works like a charm.

--
Stefaan
--

1. Mouse wheel in Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel

Hi,

I used to have the mouse wheel working in xfree 3.x.  I just now tried to
set it up in 4.1.0, without any luck.  I've tried both the ImPS/2
protocol as well as the MouseManPlusPS/2.  The mouse itself works with
both, but wheel does not.

I've tried setting the number of buttons to 5 and 6, and I've tried with
a zaxismapping of 4 5, and 5 6.  I tried the above settings in just about
all combinations, with no luck.

I also tried searching in google, and came across some conflicting
information.  Some claim the X protocol only supports 5 buttons, though
I didnt see anything about this in the mouse man page.  Also the X server
happily accepts a settings of 6 buttons.  I would like to make use of the
side button if possible..

Also, the README.mouse file that comes with X lists this particular
mouse, so I guess it should (somehow) work.

I'm running the X packages from debian/unstable, and kernel 2.4.9.

If anyone was able to get the wheel for this mouse to work in xfree
4.1.0, please let me know.

Thanks,

Norbert

2. SuSE Linux 6.2 - Voodoo Banshee Problem

3. Microsoft wheel mouse wheel button not working.

4. Does not like my video card

5. Wheel mouse, wheel does not work

6. DES and Export (was: Panix Aftermath - IMPORTANT INFO & SECURITY ALERT)

7. Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

8. English Dictionary for linux

9. No Mouse Wheel Then Sound Quits

10. mouse wheel with xdvi in X 4