Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

Post by Stephen Antho » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm having problems using the above.  It seems that the XF86Config file is
fine, but when I try startx, the screen changes black, then there is some
flash of color (that disappears to quick to tell what it is), and finally the
server craps out with an error.

If anyone has successfully used a Voodoo3 with this version of X, I'd
appreciate some info, or perhaps your XF86Config file.

Thanks,
Steve

Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

Post by blaze.. » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Steve,
There is a patch on the FTP server specifically for the Voodoo3, have
you tried that, yet?  I have a V3 and wanna try 3.9.16 also.  Let me
know if you tried this or not.
Randy

Quote:> I'm having problems using the above.  It seems that the XF86Config
file is
> fine, but when I try startx, the screen changes black, then there is
some
> flash of color (that disappears to quick to tell what it is), and
finally the
> server craps out with an error.

> If anyone has successfully used a Voodoo3 with this version of X, I'd
> appreciate some info, or perhaps your XF86Config file.

> Thanks,
> Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.