Accelerated-X 3.1 and 255 + 16 million colors mode

Accelerated-X 3.1 and 255 + 16 million colors mode

Post by Henning Sau » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I use Accelerated-X 3.1 in the "255 + 16 million colors" mode which allows
programs which are written for 8-Bit displays to run on my 32-Bit X11
display. Now some programs like Knews 0.9.8 and NEdit 4.0.3 sometime seem
to only recognize the 255 colors and I get messages like the follwing:

Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#cccccc"

Is their a solution to this problem ?

Bye,
Henning

----------------------------------

Accelerated-X 3.1 and 255 + 16 million colors mode

Post by Henning Sau » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I use Accelerated-X 3.1 in the "255 + 16 million colors" mode which allows
> programs which are written for 8-Bit displays to run on my 32-Bit X11
> display. Now some programs like Knews 0.9.8 and NEdit 4.0.3 sometime seem
> to only recognize the 255 colors and I get messages like the follwing:

> Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#cccccc"

It seems to be caused by the fact that I copied the default fvwm2-95 config
from the /tmp directory where it is in readable and easy changeable form to
my home directory. I use RedHat 4.1 with the default TheNextLevel
configuration and would like to change this configuration a little bit, but
this effect is very disturbing!

Bye,
Henning