fvwm not compiling

Post by zoop » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

hello
        i have followed the instructions included with the fvwm tar.gz file.
when i type xmkmf, i get the below response:-

BUGS           Imakefile      TO-DO          icons          version.h
ChangeLog      MakeMakefiles  configure.h    libs           xpmroot
FAQ            Makefile       docs           modules
Fvwm.tmpl      Makefile.bak   extras         sample.fvwmrc
INSTALL        README         fvwm           utils

mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:8: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.
  Stop.

can anyone help?

--
"Save water, drink beer!"
//zoop

1. fvwm...doesnt' read .fvwm file??

I want to start using fvwm, so I read the man pages and started to
play with it.  Thing is, the only file that it will read (at startup)is the
default file (sample.fvwmrc).  No I know that I can change ThAT file,
but I'd like to have a .fvwm file in my home dir.  I created one, but
X doesn't want to read it.  I can run olvwm with no problem, but the
.fvwm file gets ignored.
  I commented out the olvwm line in my .xinitrc, and added fvwm &
I know that it looks in my home dir, because I changed the default
file name in the default dir and startx didn't work.  When the fail
came up, it told me that it couldn't find the default file OR the
.fvwm file in my home dir.  I have the permissions set to all read and
write, but I don't have the execute set, since the default file works
and it is not executable.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks
-=Cynon=-  Bring back              |*|  Welcome to the Peoples Republic of NJ
  safe government: Use Kingdoms!   |*|  Please leave your RKBA at the gate

2. Port Question

3. fvwm-ewmh-0.4 - Extended WM Hints for FVWM

4. Micro$hit claims links and IPV6?!?

5. Subject: fvwm-ewmh-0.5 - Extended WM Hints for FVWM

6. Athlon cache-line fix

7. fvwm-ewmh-0.3 - Extended WM Hints for FVWM

8. Bridges and DHCP

9. compile problem fvwm 2.045

10. Compile Fvwm

11. FVWM compile fails